You see them all around town, and all around the clock. We’re talking wraps — thin sheets of cast vinyl that partially or fully encase a car, truck, bus or other vehicles. They usually feature eye-catching graphics, a logo and contact information that advertise a business.
Many companies and organizations have found that trailers are one of the best places to display vehicle wraps. Why? Consider:
- Size: Unlike the cars or trucks that tow them, trailers are often quite large. They offer you a considerable amount of square footage on which to display your promotional graphics.
- Shape: Most trailers are constructed with flat sides, fronts and backs. These surfaces are ideal for showcasing your promotional messages. They offer all the impact of a billboard.
- Versatility: When being towed, a wrapped trailer puts your marketing in motion. Many users also park their trailers at job sites, offering potential customers an extended view. Of course, this usage implies an endorsement. Viewers may believe that the client puts its trust in your business, perhaps they should, too. At other times you’ll unhitch your trailer in front of or alongside your business. In this instance, they’ll lend considerable promotional power to your on-site signage! (And often without municipal permitting hassles of adding a permanent sign.)
Almost any operation can benefit from these signage solutions. Apply your vehicle wraps to:
- Cargo trailers (e.g., for contractors, lawn services, etc.)
- Concession trailers
- Horse trailers
- School trailers (e.g., for marching bands)
As for creative ideas, here are some design tips when commissioning your trailer wrap:
- Go big with spot graphics. Here, we’re not talking about wraps but vinyl letters and adhesive decals (e.g., logos or graphics) that can achieve much of the same effect.
- Think bigger with a partial vehicle wrap. Those in the sign business generally refer to a wrap that covers 75% or less of a vehicle as a partial type. However, on a trailer, a partial wrap will still provide a substantial surface on which to showcase your graphics or photos, company logo, tagline, contact information or more.
- Make the biggest splash with a full wrap. With all that space, you may be tempted to fill it up with lots of information and graphics, but beware of the pitfalls of going overbroad, design-wise. A look that’s too “busy” can confuse rather than impress. Instead, think simple and bold for your graphics. A layout that stands out and can be quickly understood by viewers (especially if your trailer will be primarily on the road in motion) will make your investment in vinyl graphics go further! Suggestion: Work closely with your signage provider to achieve exactly the look you want. They’ll be able to show you multiple options until you find a design that’s right for you.
Of course, there’s one more attractive quality to trailer wraps that doesn’t readily meet the eye. And that’s removability.
Unlike old-style custom paint jobs, vinyl vehicle wraps come off when you’re ready to take your trailer out of service. So, you’re likely to get more for it on the resale market. As a plus, the vinyl wrap will actually protect the trailer’s original finish, thereby adding value!
Signs By Tomorrow® Cincinnati North: More Than A Custom Sign Company, We Are Your Advertising Solutions Resource.
You understand your audience and what message will resonate with them. Signs By Tomorrow can help you match your message to the state-of-the-art custom signs, digital printing, custom graphics, and display solutions that will best deliver it. We’ll then design and manufacture your new signage and graphics on time and on budget.
We invite you to explore our extensive range of indoor and outdoor sign solutions, custom vehicle wraps, custom trade show displays and booths, event signs, display technologies and many more sign options.
Do you already know what you need from your sign company? Contact a local Signs By Tomorrow sign expert to get started!
Infographic: Vehicle Graphics - Promote Your Business Around the Clock