If you are looking to make a statement, consider metal signs!
Having a sign that represents what your business is about is important to attract new customers. Whether you are going for a modern or a more traditional look for your sign, you can achieve those results with a personalized metal sign.
Nowadays, custom metal signs are some of the most popular signs used by businesses across the world. If you pay attention to the signs you see on the street, you will find most of them are made with some type of metal. From retail signs to residential signs, metal signs are used by everyone in need of attractive and affordable signage solutions.
If you want to give your business a professional and distinctive look, a custom metal sign can help you make a statement. There are many benefits to using metal signs. We have put together this list highlighting some of the most important things you need to know.
Metal signs are very durable. Metal is a long-lasting material. When metal is used for signage, sign makers will usually add protective coats to help the metal become even more resistant and able to withstand the elements. Depending on the look you are going for and the location of your signs, there are different metals that can be used. Back in the old days, signs were made of cast iron with molded lettering. The industry today mainly uses steel and aluminum.
- Steel signs are very strong but need to be handled with care and require reinforcement when they are being installed. Since steel can corrode, it sometimes requires additional treatments to help avoid rust.
- Aluminum signs are rust resistant and waterproof. This makes them ideal for exterior applications. They are lighter in comparison to steel signs which makes them easier to handle. Many signs use two layers of aluminum reinforced with plastic. This helps make the signs even more durable.
- Metal signs can be used for outdoor and indoor signage. Like we mentioned before, aluminum signs can be perfect for outdoor signage. Steel signs can be treated and coated for outdoor purposes. Other materials used for signs such as acrylic, wood or PVC are usually only recommended for indoor use. Since indoor signs won’t be exposed to weather changes or UV lights, they usually last longer. In the case of metal signs, they can last for decades.
- Metal signs are versatile. You can customize metal signs by choosing from a wide range of different styles, designs, and concepts. Metal surfaces are available in many different colors and finishes. You can get any thickness you need, and the metal plates can be lettered on either side. Aluminum is especially easy to use, it can be molded or cut into any shape. Signage companies often use metal to create custom channel letter signs.
- Metal signs can be ready in a short period of time. The average time it takes to manufacture a custom metal sign is 2 weeks, but the usual turnaround time is 3 weeks. The extra week is used by companies to make sure the design is fully approved by the customer before it gets sent to production. The time to manufacture metal signs usually depends on the specific requirements of each design.
- Metal signs can be illuminated. If you want your sign to be highly visible at night, your metal sign can also include lights. Additional electrical connections will be required to add lights to the metal sign. In some cases, the lights can be placed in the back of the sign to create a colored glow around the metal pieces. They can be placed inside of the sign if there are openings to let the light go through, or the lights can be placed on top of the metal.
- Metal signs can be made in any size. If you are looking for a small sign for an interior application, or a large format sign to make an impression, a custom metal sign can be a great solution. You can talk to the signage experts if you are unsure of the size you need your sign to be; they will be able to guide you and discuss the best available options.
- Metal signs are affordable. When it comes to the pricing for metal signs, it will depend greatly on the design. The reason we mention how affordable they are has to do with their quality and longevity. It’s likely your investment in a metal sign will pay off for years to come!
There are many applications for metal signs. The best thing to do when you are thinking about getting a new sign is to discuss your ideas with a sign expert. There are many different techniques and variations you might want to consider.
For more professional tips and information about metal signs, you can rely on the experts at Signs By Tomorrow®.
If you are wondering what time of sign to get for your locations, find out with an expert site assessment courtesy of Signs By Tomorrow®. We have a variety of metal signs for all applications and budgets. And if you’re looking for an eye-catching addition to business, we offer lighted signs as well. We invite you to learn more about what Signs By Tomorrow can do for you. To get started, contact us today.