Stand out with outdoor 3D sign letters, logos and numbers that add an element of depth
Dimensional letters are an attractive and effective way to capture consumer attention and draw them to your place of business. Commonly called 3D, three-dimensional or raised letters, they add an element of depth along with width and height to literally stand out from the surface they’re mounted on. The term “dimensional lettering” also applies to dimensional logos and dimensional numbers.
These dimensional signs from Signs By Tomorrow® Frederick can benefit businesses and organizations of all types. Exterior dimensional letters are typically installed directly to the façade of buildings as storefront or building-side signs. Eye-catching solutions, they are also commonly incorporated into monument signs or mounted on post-and-panel signs to enhance their appeal.
Consider the advantages of outdoor dimensional letters
A quick look around your town will confirm that three-dimensional letters, logos and numerals like those offered by Signs By Tomorrow Frederick are highly popular. Their benefits include:
- Greater visibility: 3D letters, logos and numerals are more visible than flat, two-dimensional signage. As a result, raised letters are the best choice for catching the eye of motorists and pedestrians.
- Professional appearance: Dimensional letters look more sophisticated than most other options. If you want to put your company or organization’s best face forward, raised letters are a great place to start!
- Excellent versatility: Exterior dimensional letters are offered in a wide variety of materials with options for all signage budgets. As for typefaces and colors, there’s sure to be a perfect match with your other marketing materials to maintain consistent branding.
- Illumination options: Dimensional letters fabricated in stainless steel can be backlit with LEDs or face-lit with a translucent acrylic face. 3D cast metal letters can also be backlighted. You can illuminate other dimensional letters with spotlights to make them more visible at night.
Select from a variety of materials for your outdoor dimensional letters
Signs By Tomorrow Frederick designs and fabricates 3D letters from many materials. This selection assures that you’ll find exactly the right dimensional letters to fit your application, style and budget:
- Acrylic 3D lettering: Custom acrylic dimensional lettering is lightweight and highly durable. It’s offered in a wide variety of standard and custom colors.
- Aluminum dimensional letters: Affordable and durable, aluminum is a popular choice for exterior dimensional lettering. It can be cut from flat sheets or cast by pouring molten metal into a mold. Aluminum letters can be painted in any hue — including custom colors to match your branding.
- Cut brass dimensional letters: A great choice for classic, professional-looking signage, cut brass 3D letters are offered in polished or brushed satin finish.
- Cut bronze raised letters: Seeking a traditional look? Go with cut bronze dimensional letters. Finishes include brushed, oxidized or polished.
- Cut copper dimensional letters: Another time-honored material, 3D outdoor copper letters are available with brushed or polished finishes.
- Cut stainless steel 3D lettering: Combining superior corrosion resistance with a sophisticated appearance, cut stainless steel dimensional letters are a favorite choice. Select a brushed, mirror-polished or orbital finish.
- Formed-plastic dimensional letters: Injection-molded to a three-dimensional shape, these letters, logos and numerals are an affordable choice.
- High-density urethane (HDU) raised letters: Also called high-density foam, HDU is a budget-friendly choice. It can be fabricated in thicknesses up to three inches and faced with acrylic or metal laminates.
- Rusted-steel dimensional letters: When exposed to weather, cut letter in Corten steel develops a light layer of rust. The natural rust finish provides a highly distinctive option.
Questions & Answers
What styles of typography are possible with dimensional lettering?
3D lettering for outdoor applications is available in almost all standard type fonts. As for custom fonts, cut metal letters are usually recommended. The cost to produce custom molds for cast metal letters would be feasible only if producing multiple sets, say for multiple branches or franchises.
Is there any benefit to dimensional cast metal letters over flat-cut metal letters?
Cast metal letters are hollow in the back and offer greater depth than flat-cut dimensional lettering.
How are dimensional sign letters mounted?
Dimensional lettering is typically installed using stud mounts and spacers. A template assures proper spacing between signage elements. Rail mounts are also used. Rely on Signs By Tomorrow Frederick for professional installation. We’ll also help ensure your outdoor dimensional lettering adheres to regulation code requirements.
See inspiring examples of our many types of outdoor dimensional letters
Visit our Inspiration Gallery for creative ideas for your next project. To speak with a Signs By Tomorrow pro for a solution that meets your needs and budget, give us a call or drop in today. You’ll find our closest, most convenient site by using our Store Locator.
To see how custom outdoor dimensional lettering can be incorporated into other signage to enhance its appearance, use the links below.
To speak with a Signs By Tomorrow professional in the Frederick, MD area contact us.