Stick to Occupational Safety & Health Administration rules with OSHA safety signs and ANSI signs
Businesses realize many benefits when adhering OSHA and ANSI regulations governing indoor warning signs. Indoor workplace safety signs offered by Signs By Tomorrow Corporate at affordable prices can help:
- Reduce job site injuries: With indoor OSHA signs and other safety sign solutions from Signs By Tomorrow Corporate, employees will know when to stay out of restricted areas, wear PPE (personal protective eyewear) and take other safety precautions.
- Increase workplace efficiency: Chemical signs, hazardous signs and other compliant signs from Signs By Tomorrow Corporate set clear guidelines. Confusion is reduced, and employee productivity is enhanced.
- Reduce risk: Ample OSHA and ANSI safety signs from Signs By Tomorrow Corporate do more than show employees your commitment to their well-being. As a business owner or manager, you’re responsible for assuring the safety of your workers. Failing to do so by displaying insufficient safety signage can expose you to costly lawsuits by workers who are injured on the job.
- Avoid costly fines: Companies face serious consequences when failing to comply with OSHA indoor safety sign standards. Owners or managers may find them paying expensive fines or even facing imprisonment.
Indoor OSHA warning signs and ANSI danger signs
You should post or mount safety signs and labels inside your facility wherever hazards are present. How do you know which type of signage applies to each hazard? OSHA and ANSI (American National Standards Institute) have created several primary classifications for safety signs. They depend on the severity of the risk:
- Danger signs: This indoor safety signage alerts workers to the most serious hazards. The signs warn that death or serious injury can result if the hazard is not avoided. On OSHA-compliant signs, the “Danger” signal word is printed in white letters over a red background. A safety alert symbol appears on the left.
- Warning signs: These indoor safety signs describe hazards that can result in death or serious i njury if not avoided. The safety alert symbol appears to the left of the “Warning” signal word. It’s displayed in black over an orange background.
- Caution signs: These signs caution workers against potential injuries from unsafe practices. On these OSHA-compliant indoor safety signs, the “Caution” signal word is shown in black over a yellow background. It’s preceded by the safety alert symbol.
- Biological hazards signs: These indoor workplace safety signs alert workers to biohazards that can pose a risk to their health. They are classified by “Danger,” “Warning” or other signal words depending on the level of risk.
Additional OSHA-compliant indoor safety signs
Signs By Tomorrow Corporate is your resource for other indoor safety signage that adheres to OSHA safety sign rules and meets ANSI Z535 design standards. These compliant signs help keep workers safe but do not alert them to specific hazards:
- Admittance signs: Alert workers and explain to them the risks of entering restricted areas with admittance signs.
- Fire safety signs: Identify the location of emergency firefighting equipment with fire safety signs.
- Notice signs: Use notice signs to provide key information on buildings, zones or equipment. These indoor safety signs cover practices and precautions that are not related to injuries. They address instructions, procedures, maintenance information and more.
- General safety signs: Post or mount indoor general safety signs for rules relating to first aid or health. They also inform workers of medical equipment locations, sanitation rules, housekeeping practices and other recommended general safety measures.
Custom indoor safety signs and more
Signs By Tomorrow Corporate offers two basic types of indoor safety signs. Select from standard, off-the-shelf styles. Or, rely on us to custom design one-of-a-kind solutions. They can feature your messages and observe OSHA and ANSI signage rules at the same time. Our selection of workplace signs includes:
- Attention signs
- Bilingual English/Spanish safety signs
- Biological hazard signs
- Caution signs
- Construction safety signs
- Custom safety signs
- Danger signs
- Do-not-enter signs
- Evacuation signs
- Exit-only signs
- Fire safety signs
- General safety signs
- High-voltage signs
- Illuminated warning signs
- Non-hazard signs
- Notice signs
- Out-of-service signs
- Spanish-language signage
- Warning signs
Visit our Inspiration Gallery for creative ideas on your next project. To speak with a Signs By Tomorrow Corporate pro for a solution that meets your needs and budget, give us a call or drop in today.
Are you Properly Displaying Safety Signage on your Construction Site?
What Can you do to Make your Construction Site Stand Out?
To speak with a Signs By Tomorrow professional in the area contact us.