Event Signs for Every Budget
Signage is one of the most popular and effective marketing tools at your disposal, but what if you don’t have a large marketing budget to work with? Here’s what you should know about shopping for event signs and how to budget for an upcoming event.
Why Do You Need Signage?
One of the keys to hosting a great event is bringing your brand to life. A well-branded conference is more likely to attract an audience of new prospects. Having the right signs will help you achieve the following goals:
- Spread the word about the upcoming event
- Spark public interest and excitement
- Increase brand recognition
- Direct traffic (both foot traffic and vehicle traffic)
- Showcase your sponsors
- Promote additional upcoming events
- Generate credibility
- Make the occasion memorable
Signage is especially effective if you use different types to add visual interest to your booth, outdoor area or conference center. Plan to have plenty of signs onsite to clearly delineate the area of your event as well as offsite to attract people to your venue.
When setting aside money for event signs, do your research and figure out what types of sign you want and how much they typically cost. Doing this may be easier than you think. Drop in for a consultation at your local sign provider. You can also fill out a “Request a Quote” form on their website. Use the provided estimates to help you create your budget.
What Types of Signs Are Available?
Different types of signage can vary significantly in cost, which is why it’s important to do your research in advance and figure out what types of signs you want to have at your event. Here are some of the most popular signage choices:
- Feather banners (banner flags)
- Banner frames and stands
- Collapsible A-frame signs
- Digital signs
- POP displays
- Indoor plastic signs
- Vinyl lettering and graphics
- Trade show booths
- Custom floor graphic decals
We’d love to talk with you about your marketing goals and how you can get the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to cost-effective and eye-catching branding opportunities. Even though your options may seem overwhelming at first, you’ll have an easier time choosing the right sign once you figure out your main marketing goals for that event. To help you define those goals, try answering the following questions:
- Can You Make Use of Your Natural Surroundings? Is your ceremony or festival in an outdoor area with lots of trees? If so, you can make use of the natural landscape by stringing banners between trees.
- Are You Maximizing Your Use of High Foot-Traffic Areas? When marketing for your upcoming occasion, look for areas that see a lot of foot traffic, such as escalators, elevators and walking tunnels. Placing banners in these areas is a great way to maximize your exposure and increase attendance.
- Are You Making It Easy for Attendees to Find Your Event? If your fundraiser or tournament is hard to find, attendance will probably be negatively affected. You can keep this from happening by using event parking signs and other directional signage as needed to help people find your booth or maneuver through the area easily.
- Are You Thinking Big Enough? Large banners draw more attention than small ones, so your goal should be to create and mount the biggest signs your budget and venue allow.
It’s pretty hard to overdo event signage, so don’t worry about going too far. Your main goal should be to attract attention in a positive way. When people notice and become familiar with your brand, they're more likely to take an interest in what you're doing.
We offer signage solutions for all kinds of events!
No matter what type of occasion you have coming up, Signs By Tomorrow Sacramento can create promotional signage and displays for it. We frequently provide signs for many different types of events. Whether you’re planning a municipal event or an individual party, you can rely on our signs to be eye-catching and capable of handling the elements with ease.
Don’t underestimate the power of attractive branding when planning for your upcoming ceremony or festival. If you’re ready to find cool signage that will make your event stand out, we’re ready to help. To learn more about the banners and other branded products we offer at Signs By Tomorrow, contact us today.
Blog: The Dos and Don'ts of Event SignsBack