In 2018 there has been a noticeable increase in people that work remotely. Recent surveys show 70% of people around the globe work remotely at least once a week. However, not all business owners are in favor of this trend. Big companies like IBM and Domino’s Pizza see a great deal of benefit in having their employees come into the office.
The problem is most employees don’t really like their workplace environment. Studies show some employees don’t feel comfortable inviting colleagues or, in some cases, their own clients to their office. Making sure you create a safe, clean and comfortable environment for employees is necessary, but if you really want them to be engaged and proud of their workplace we recommend paying attention to the details.
The sign experts at Signs By Tomorrow Boise have helped many business owners improve the overall look and feel of their office. When it comes to business signs there are many different options out there. Based on your needs and budget our experts can help you determine what the best solutions are to capture your business’s personality.
We’ve put together this list of 10 creative ideas to help improve your company’s space with interior office signs.
1. Lobby signs: As soon as customers and employees enter your office, they should be welcomed with your brand's name and logo. This helps build recognition, trust, and brand awareness. One of the most popular office signs our customers like to use in their entrance and lobby areas are dimensional lettering signs. These signs are easy to install, look professional and are very durable. They can be made out materials such as plastic, metal or acrylic. Combined with the right lighting, they can significantly improve the overall look of your office.
2. Office Directories: In addition to helping customers find their way to your office, business directories are now also being used to dress entire walls and decorate lobby areas. There are unlimited options when it comes to business directories, they can be made with dimensional lettering, engraving, acrylic, lightboxes, and many other options. Investing is a good- looking directory office sign is always a great idea. For more inspiration visit our Indoor Directories page.
3. Name Plates: These type of office signs can serve several purposes. They can help identify individual offices and rooms. They are helpful to highlight the names of the employees, in most offices, this is used for executive-level roles. Name plates can also help you create a cohesive look around the office. We always recommend using similar materials, colors, and styles as the rest of your office signs.
4. Digital Signs: Signs that can be easily modified and updated are becoming more and more popular. The great thing about having a digital sign in your office is you can make changes as often as you want. Most of these signs use LCD and LED technologies. Companies we’ve worked with use them to display special announcements, product images, pricing, animated video clips, etc. Other great benefits of using these digital office signs is they look very modern and are great ways to capture your visitor’s attention.
5. Signs to display your company’s vision and values: There are many elements that make your company unique. Using simple plastic signs, you can feature on the walls of your office the message you want to instill in all your employees. This is a great strategy to help build the culture around your organization. We use many different materials to make these messages for your walls. Once you know where you want your messages to be displayed, we can help you decide what materials will work best for your office.
6. Labels and Decals: An easy and affordable way to brand your product is with custom labels and decals featuring your company’s logo. With our cutting-edge technology we can help you create professional and high-quality decals you will be able to use around your office, give out to customers and share with your employees.
7. Plaques and Awards: The best way to recognize the accomplishment employees is by giving out awards or custom plates. At Signs By Tomorrow, we have lots of experience designing recognition plates, badges and even trophies. Another great idea to transform your office walls is dressing a wall with custom plates to display your employees’ names. This is a great way to help to build your company’s morale and give credit to those who deserve it
8. Use acrylic signs to decorate open spaces: Using transparent acrylic materials, we’ve been able to help transform many office spaces. A well-designed acrylic office sign can give a room a very sophisticated and modern look. The sizes, shapes, and installation can vary. These signs are often used by interior designers to help elevate their projects giving them a touch of luxury.
9. Feature your company’s history: Indoor wall signs are often used to feature a company’s history. If your office has a story worth featuring on the walls there are many different options available to you. We often recommend using high-quality images to highlight special moments in your history.
10. Use Vinyl Lettering & Graphics: A fast way to transform any area around your office is with vinyl graphics and lettering. This is usually a very affordable solution that can give you great results. You can use promotional and branded messages to decorate your walls, or you can use inspiring sayings and quotes to motivate your employees.
We have worked with a wide range of companies in different industries. From medical offices to corporate call centers. Our goal is to help you get signs that can make a big impact and difference for you and your employees.
For more professional tips to help you improve your space with office signs, you can rely on the experts at Signs By Tomorrow®.
Do you need help with your office signs? Find out with an expert site assessment courtesy of Signs By Tomorrow®. We have a variety of Reception & Office Signage and Indoor Plastic Signs for all applications and budgets. And if you’re looking to take your advertising to the next level, we offer Digital Signs. We invite you to learn more about what Signs By Tomorrow can do for you. To get started, contact us today?