Signs By Tomorrow of Plainfield and Joliet traffic signs
New Federal Rules For Traffic Signs on Roads On Private Property Effective January 2010
Traffic Signs Catalog (5mb)
All traffic signs on roadways where the public has
access, such as shopping centers, condominiums,
hotels, hospitals etc., must conform to the Manual
of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). They
must meet the color, size, design, reflectivity and
Call (815) 436-0880 to order your traffic signs today!
WHY DID THE FHWA CHANGE THE LAWS
TO INCLUDE PRIVATE PROPERTY
- 1,200 fatalities per year on private property.
- 20% of all traffic accidents are on private property.
- 21% of all insurance claims occur on private property.
- Motorists can better recognize standard signs.
- Signs need to be visible day and night for safety.
WHAT DO PROPERTY OWNERS
NEED TO DO NOW
- Conduct an inspection of all traffic controlling signs and devices and have a system in place for regular inspection and replacement.
- Replace all signs that are an incorrect color, shape,size, or design.
- Replace non reflective traffic signs with reflective signs. In 2012 all must be prismatic, not engineer grade.
- Correct all signs that are installed at the wrong height (under seven feet) or on angle.
- Replace missing, damaged, obstructed or hidden signs.
WHY SHOULD PROPERTY OWNERS
MAKE CHANGES NOW
- 21% of all insurance claims are on private property and 1,200 fatalities per year.
- Lawyers are the largest buyers of the MUTCD Manual.
- Local authorities are starting to inspect and issue citations.
- Insurance inspectors are requiring changes to limit liability of claims.
- Owners need to limit their liability.
Let us help you with your traffic signage in and around the Joliet area.
Call (815) 436-0880 to order your traffic signs today.