Signs By Tomorrow (SBT) will send an order to production only after receiving written approval of a proof of the Order from the Purchaser. By signing your proof or providing your approval via email, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agreed to all specifications listed on your proof, have checked artwork for accuracy, and have read to and agree to our terms and conditions. Once you have approved this proof, you are relieving Signs By Tomorrow of all liability of errors, are responsible for the costs associated with producing your custom sign order, and give SBT permission to produce all signs listed.
- Sizing: Unless otherwise noted, all dimensions are nominal and may vary slightly in production.
- Pricing: All projects are quoted as a whole. If there are changes made to the quantity, size, and/or material the pricing may change. Estimates are valid for 30 days. After 30 days, Signs By Tomorrow reserves the right to revise price(s) to reflect changes in costs. Prices are subject to change without notice. Should any aspect of the job or materials change at the Purchaser's request, prices are subject to change. Presented prices are based upon the scope of the work as described in the estimate.
- Quantity discount: Work for estimates that reflect a quantity discount must be ordered at one time unless arranged otherwise.
- Setup Charge: The Set Up Charge is a standard fee which covers setting up proofs and production files for printing. 3 Proof changes are included in the Set-Up Charge. Each additional proof will be an additional $15. Design includes up to three proofs at no additional charge. Orders needing more than three proofs are subject to an additional per-proof charge as stated on the proof.
- Production time: Production time is based on the number and type of signs ordered. Not all products are available the next day. Production time is not a guaranteed completion date. If you need your products by a certain date, be sure to discuss this with your project manager. Production will NOT begin until payment has been made or specific payment arrangements have been made with our accounting department.
- Shipping & Delivery: Shipping and delivery charges are not included unless listed as a separate line item.
- Returns: All signs and orders are custom made. Custom products are made to order and we cannot accept returns. If you have questions or issues you must report back to Signs By Tomorrow within 5 business days of receipt of order.
- Pickup/Storage: Any signs that have not been claimed by the purchaser within 30 days of the project completion date will be subject to Storage Fees or may be recycled.
- Permits: Quoted prices do not include the cost(s) of any permits or variances, nor the cost(s) of procuring same. Signs By Tomorrow makes no representation as to whether or not the requested sign meets local jurisdictional regulations. Permits and variances are the responsibility solely of the Purchaser. When permits are applicable, client is responsible for obtaining all proper permits and permissions.
- Legal title: The Purchaser agrees that legal title to all products and services provided within this estimate shall not pass to the Purchaser until such time as full payment for said products and services has been made to Signs By Tomorrow. Should Signs By Tomorrow not receive full and complete payment in a timely manner, Signs By Tomorrow reserves the right to repossess any or all of the items provided. The Purchaser agrees to pay any and all costs associated with repossession.
- Social media: SBT – Rockville has the right to post photos of the product(s) on our social media accounts and websites and a duplicate of the product(s) in our store as samples. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address (“Personal Information”). We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. Your personal information is never shared with any third party.
- Cancellation: Estimates are made for custom-designed and custom-constructed items and, when accepted, are not subject to cancellation unless by mutual consent. If there is any cancellation of a work order converted from your estimate, the Purchaser agrees to pay all fees associated with design, as determined solely by Signs By Tomorrow, that exceed the $100.00 design fee specified in these Terms and Conditions, if paid, and a 50% re-stocking fee for all non-inventory items.
- Purchaser-provded info: Signs By Tomorrow will not be responsible for errors in plans, designs, specifications or drawings furnished by the Purchaser or for defects caused thereby.
- Weather: Signs by Tomorrow is not responsible for products that fail after intense weather conditions (including but not limited to: hurricanes, excessive wind, excessive rain, excessive snow, etc.)
Art, Design, and Colors
- Exact color matches sometimes can be challenging to achieve. For exact color matches, a PMS (Pantone Matching System) number is required. Color proof and color charts are available for review by the Purchaser who has specific color requirements. Purchaser approval is required prior to all production. PMS matching and providing hard-copy proofs are subject to additional charges.
- Due to inconsistencies of various display monitors and printers, the colors on your proof may not be completely accurate representations of final printed product. Colors shown on your proof are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct.
- Please provide 100% Solid Coated Pantone (PMS) colors where color matching is necessary and/or if the project is color-sensitive. A color matching fee of $35 will apply if color matching is required.
- We cannot guarantee color matches with CMYK, RGB colors, bitmap images, gradients, transparencies, and percentages of Pantone colors.
- You may request a hard color proof for an additional charge if you would like to see printed colors before final production. This will add at least a day to your production time.
- Please request a $25 hard copy proof if you would like to see printed colors before final production.
- Orders without indication of Pantone colors, or requested hard copy proofs are NOT guaranteed for color and will be printed as-is.
- The Purchaser wanting design(s) to accompany estimates must pay a non-refundable $100.00 design fee, in advance, that will be credited to a work order contract converted from your estimate.
- More information on art requirements & guidelines can be found here.
- Payment in full is due before production will begin unless other arrangements have been with the accounting department. We accept cash, approved company check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- 6% MD Sales Tax will be added to all orders unless a MD tax exempt certificate is presented at the time of approval. SBT – Rockville does not collect Washington, DC or Virginia tax.
- The Purchaser agrees to pay a $50.00 fee, plus the bank's charges, and the full balance for all checks returned for any reason.
- Balances for completed work under the work order contract converted from your estimate are due upon presentation of the invoice unless otherwise specified in writing. Balances for work not picked up by the Purchaser, within 30 calendar days of Signs By Tomorrow's giving the Purchaser notification that work is complete and ready for pick-up, are due from the Purchaser upon the Purchaser's receipt of the invoice.
- In the event payment for the work order contract converted from your estimate is not made as agreed, the Purchaser agrees to pay a late charge of $50.00 on all outstanding balances beyond 15 days and a service charge on all past due balances from the invoice date at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month. In the event the work order contract converted from this estimate is placed for collections or is collected by suit or through any Court, the Purchaser agrees to pay the total balance including late fees, all attorneys' fees and an additional twenty-five (25%) percent of the total balance in addition to all court costs and private processing fees.
- For contracted jobs, unless otherwise stated in writing, Signs By Tomorrow requires a 50% deposit and a signed estimate/quotation prior to converting this estimate into a work order contract for design and production.
- Before Signs by Tomorrow schedules your installation, you must approve the order, pay for the project and fill out the installation request form.
- Any signs, provided by Signs By Tomorrow under a work order contract converted from this estimate, that have electrical components will meet industry standards when delivered to the Purchaser. Signs By Tomorrow is not a licensed electrical contractor. Any electrical requirements for supply and connectivity or disconnection will need to be met by a licensed contractor hired and paid by the Purchaser.
- Estimates do not include installation unless specifically quoted as a line item. Installation is available at the Purchaser's request and can be quoted separately. Installation involving in-ground methods is based upon normal excavation conditions. Should asphalt, rock, concrete or any other underground obstruction be discovered during the installation process, either (a.) the sign will be relocated or (b.) the Purchaser will pay the cost of excavating the impediments. In-ground installation also might require a notification to "Miss Utility." Such installation cannot proceed until a "Clear" message has been received from "Miss Utility." Signs By Tomorrow cannot control the time required for "Miss Utility" to mark the installation area and report the "Clear" message. The Purchaser will pay all fees charged by "Miss Utility." Installation involving attachment of signs to a building or structure assumes adequate structural support from the structure. If the structure is found to be deficient for the purpose of sign installation, Signs By Tomorrow will notify Purchaser of the issue and a determination will be made as to how to proceed. Signs By Tomorrow is not responsible for bringing the structure up to a satisfactory level to accept the proposed sign(s). If the Purchaser decides not to proceed with the installation, the Purchaser still must pay for the design and manufacture of the sign(s) and for the installer's time in attempting to install the sign(s). Installation is to take place during the normal working hours of Signs By Tomorrow. Should installation be requested during times other than the normal working hours of Signs By Tomorrow, installation price is subject to change.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances that arise each day, we are unable to provide windows of time for installations. The day’s schedule is carefully planned out so that our team will have enough time to complete each installation that day. However, there are certain things that are out of our control which cause delays and re-arranging of the schedule to occur. Weather and traffic are two of the main issues our team must battle every day. In addition to this, we are also dealing with not only your schedule, but the schedule of all that day’s clients. Our install team always gives you a phone call (approximately 30 minutes prior) to give you advance notice of their arrival. If they call you and you do not answer, they are sometimes forced to move on to the next installation of the day to not further delay their work. Our install team needs to make on-the-spot decisions and changes like this so they can continue to as work efficiently as possible to complete that day’s scheduled installs.
- Please note that above and beyond your base install charge, on rare occasions, unforeseen or undisclosed circumstances may arise. Any situation which causes a delay or extension of time will be charged at a minimum rate of $85.00 per hour. Additional charges may apply if there are unexpected removals, unscheduled changes, or additional trips to the site due to client error. There will be a minimum cancellation charge of $85.00 if the installation is canceled without at least 24 hours’ notice.
- If you choose to install your project yourself, Signs by Tomorrow is not responsible for any problems that arise. If installing your project yourself, you must thoroughly inspect your product prior to installing.
- Vehicle must not have been painted within three (3) weeks prior to graphic application. Vehicle must be clean of grime, oils, tar and other contaminants on the body prior to graphic application. Any additional cleaning will be billed at $100.00 per man-hour. The need for additional cleaning is the determination solely of Signs By Tomorrow and its installers.
- It is imperative that you have complete confidence in Signs By Tomorrow and our ability to provide you with the best possible vehicle graphics. We are therefore providing you with this information to inform you of what is going to be done and what to expect, so you will enjoy your new vehicle look.
- Signs by Tomorrow – Rockville has 25 years of vehicle graphics experience. We feel that a customer’s level of expectations should be set prior to starting any vehicle campaign. In our experience, most customers new to vehicle graphics believe the final product will look like paint with no imperfections. This is quite untrue. Because we are experienced, we can assimilate the look of a paint job as close as possible and at the same time might have minor imperfections. Let us explain first how we install a vehicle graphics so that you will have a better understanding of the process and take you through the basic variations that can cause minor imperfections in any vehicle wrap.
- All vehicles are different in size, shape, contours, age, wear and tear, as well as paint type, etc. Most vehicles have a computer template designed for graphic design purposes that gives a designer an idea of how to layout a design for their vehicle. These templates are 2-dimensional, we will be working with a 3-dimensional vehicle. They do not show compound, complex, curves or raised surfaces. We recommend not having type or copy placed on these areas. It is better to have background color and blends in these areas. After artwork is approved, it goes to print production. At this point, depending on the size of the graphic, the graphic goes through a rip software that separates the complete graphics into several panels for ease of installation. These panels will eventually overlap on the vehicle to produce a complete seamed image. After it gets a UV vinyl lamination to protect it, the edges of each panel get trimmed and prepared for installation. It should be noted that perforated vinyl that is sometimes used on window areas instead of opaque vinyl, prints a different saturation of color due to the holes in the vinyl. It is the customer’s choice whether to leave the windows out of the design, cover them with opaque vinyl or cover them with perforated vinyl.
- When we finish printing your graphics, we ensure everything is correct and we have all the panels we need to complete the job. Next, we clean the entire vehicle and remove any contaminants like wax, oil, silicone, grease and road grime with approved solvents suggested by each film manufacturer. We will remove any vehicle parts like mirrors, antennas, roof racks, door handles, etc. and anything else to make the installation as seamless as possible. Next, we tape the graphic panels onto the vehicle and ensure they meet the artwork layout the customer approved. Remember, designers are designing on a guide, not an exact placement. We try to install the graphics by the layout provided to best of our ability given the imperfections of the vehicle. We may have to shift the image because a designer was not able to see the true dimension of a door handle, hinge or another obstruction. Once we find the right place to start installing the first panel, we begin installation.
- In every graphic application, we use a 4” squeegee, razor, masking tape, propane torch, tape measures and other tools. The entire application will be done by hand techniques.
- On every vehicle, we install from the back and sides, to the front for each side of the vehicle. We take the flat cast film and apply it to the vehicle. The vehicles are not always flat, which is why applying a graphic without stretching it takes a lot of patience and experience. As mentioned above, vehicles have contours, complex curves, moldings, bodylines, etc. All of these areas have to be relaxed fit into these surfaces using special techniques and heat. When all the panels are installed in this way, we proceed to the finishing techniques.
- Finishing a graphic, means we trim moldings, seams, bodylines, windows, transition panels, hinges, door openings, fuel doors, door handles, etc. This procedure is all performed by human hand techniques. You may find small patched areas where relief areas needed to be accounted for that was not in the original design. We hot seal all seams, graphic edges, plastic moldings and re-squeegee the entire graphic to ensure adhesion. Lastly, we wipe down the graphics. It should be noted that certain materials on a vehicle will not accept vinyl such as caulking, weatherproofing, and certain rubbers and edgings.
- As a rule of thumb, if you stand 5’ to 10’ from the completed wrap and it looks great, it is then considered a successful wrap. Remember your large image has been designed to be seen from a distance, not close up.
- You can expect the vehicle layout and installation will match your design as close as possible, given the difference between a 2-dimensional design and a 3-dimensional vehicle. You can expect that the vinyl could have small wrinkles/ air bubbles, or small imperfections which generally will disappear overtime. It is not a paint job.
- You can expect that all graphic panels will align wherever possible, given unforeseen curves or protrusions on the vehicles. You can expect that our staff will respect your vehicle and your graphic design. You can expect the best vehicle graphic installation this industry has to offer.
Vehicle Liability Release
- This is a legally binding liability release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue (the “Release”) made by you to Hunt Graphics, Inc. DBA Signs By Tomorrow – Rockville and to the employees, member/owners of Hunt Graphics, Inc. (the “Members”).
- In consideration of and in return for graphic design and installation services, facilities, and other, you release SBT, its agents, and the Members from any and all liability, claims, and actions that may arise from damage to my vehicle(s) and/or trailer(s) in the event that you choose to leave one or more vehicles or trailers parked overnight in the unsecured parking lot at 7676 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855.
- You recognize that this Release means you are giving up, among other things, rights to sue SBT, its agents, and the Members for damages or losses you may incur if, for your convenience you choose to leave my vehicles(s) and/or trailer(s) parked outdoors overnight during the period that graphics are being installed and/or after you have been informed the vehicle was ready for pick up.
- THIS IS A RELEASE OF YOUR RIGHTS. READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPROVING YOUR VEHICLE GRAPHICS PROJECT.
- Thank you for entrusting your wall graphic(s) project to the designers and installation teams at Signs By Tomorrow. With over 25 years of experience, you can be assured that Signs By Tomorrow is committed to providing you with the best possible solution for your graphics needs. As this industry continues to evolve, developing new materials and methods, we as a company also strive to improve our knowledge so that we can offer you the best product available.
- With that being said, it is important that you ARE aware that every job we produce is custom and that every installation we encounter provides different obstacles. Even with the experience and knowledge we possess, we cannot guarantee 100% perfection.
- Freshly painted walls emit gases as they dry, which affects the adhesion of the vinyl to the wall. This “out-gas” process can take at least 30 days for enamel or latex paints and up to 6 weeks for no/low VOC paints. Oil-based primers and paints can take months to fully cure. Anti-graffiti/stain resistant/easy-to-clean paints have additives that can inhibit the vinyl from adhering properly. We recommend using a semi-gloss enamel or latex paint for better results.
- Once the design is approved, our production team prints and prepares the graphics for installation.
- Due to limitations in the width of our printers and materials, and for ease of installation, the design will be separated into vertical panels. The panel divisions are guided by obstacles on the wall surface (wall switches, windows, moldings, etc.) and the design itself. We try to avoid paneling in the middle of a letter or block of text, but sometimes we cannot avoid it.
- With panels, you will have seams in the design where two panels meet. Depending on the material and method, the seams will either overlap slightly or butt together. Overlapped seams are a little thicker as it is two layers of the vinyl material. Please ask your sign consultant if you are curious about what seam will be used for your project.
- Prior to any installation, the intended wall(s) needs to be clean. Dust or particulates need to be removed with a lint-free cloth. Grime needs to be removed with detergent and water. Detergents with creams, waxes or oils should be avoided. A final wipe down with rubbing alcohol (or diluted isopropyl alcohol) will remove any remaining residues. Depending on the cleanliness of the wall, there may be additional charges for extensive cleaning.
- Walls are not always flat, nor are they always free from imperfections. Vinyl is a thin material, and it will conform to or show cracks, patches, paint drips, or other surface imperfections on the wall. If the walls are curved in any way, the flat panels will have to be manipulated to conform to the curve of the wall. This may affect how the panels line up. Corners, Ceilings and shoe/chair/ceiling molding are rarely square, so there may be some unevenness in these areas.
- Obstacles, such as wall switches, windows, moldings, inhibit the flat application process. The installation team will work around these areas carefully, taking care to trim excess vinyl away. Trimming is delicate work, as too much pressure can slice through the vinyl and paint. Edges may not be sharp (especially around windows that have been caulked) but will be as neat as possible.
- Depending on the surface, the installation team may use heat to help remove wrinkles or secure the adhesion. Non-porous surfaces (such as glass or metal) may be suitable for “wet” applications, which can help with adhesion or reducing bubbles. Most wall surfaces require a “dry” application, where only pressure is used to apply the vinyl to the surface.
- Bubbles, unfortunately, happen. Typically, these can work their way out as the material continues to conform and adhere to your wall surface. During installation, our team will work to remove any bubbles that may occur. If bubbles appear after installation, it may be due to the paint (if it is still emitting gasses or curing) or the vinyl is adjusting to its new environment. Simply prick the bubble with a pin and gently work the air out of the material with your finger.
- You can expect that the final product will match the approved design as close as possible, given the imperfections of the wall surface, obstacles, and relative flatness of the wall. You can expect that, based on the information we were provided, the material chosen is the most suitable for the project we are completing. You can expect that the final installation may have small imperfections, wrinkles, bubbles due to all of the variables we have discussed here. But you can also expect that we, Signs By Tomorrow, will provide you with the best product and installation that this industry can offer. We pride ourselves on our quality of work and stand by our craftsmanship.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the applicability and validity of the remaining provisions.
SBT has the right to change these terms and conditions at our discretion.